What you do after waking up impacts your day more than you think.
Most of us, including myself, we have the habit of checking our phones, checking email, going on social media. Instantly we are going into a reaction mode. We send our brain the signal to be alert and react. This has an impact on our physiology and our level of stress.
Did you know that when we experience stress, our immune system shuts down?
When we are in reaction, we let our emotions to take control of what we do. In reality, it disconnects us from reality and we end up feeling powerless. Then we get trap into a circle. I am sure anyone can resonate with that. We all have experienced it.
Everything needs to start from the inside. That’s the only way we can choose how we want to feel and stay in our power. Ask yourself: What do you want to experience during your day?
I started to change my habits and make a new morning routine that helps me to ground myself and to choose what I want to experience during my day. It has a huge impact on how I work, how I interact with others, and how I avoid distractions. My level of clarity has increased, and I more creative. Isn’t it wonderful?
I dare you to try: No excuses. Don’t tell me you have kids and everything else you need to do… If you don’t take time for yourself, how do you want your brain or body to support you?
I listed below everything you can do to change your habits and get a better morning and daily experience.
Choose 3 from the list and start tomorrow:
- Your morning starts the day before. Go to bed earlier. Make sure you have enough sleep to recover and heal.
- Make your bed.
- Start by saying Mantras or affirmations before you get out of bed ( Mine is: I have everything I need).
- Meditate or sit in silence ( 5, 10, 15, 20…min).
- Write in your Journal.
- Set some intentions for your day based on what you want to experience.
- Go to the gym, spinning class, or run.
- Go to Yoga, Pilates, Tai chi…
- Do some stretching at home (10 min is enough).
- Practice your favorite yoga pose.
- Practice one-minute silence with your kids before breakfast and ask them to set one intention (make it fun and playful).
- Practice being grateful. Take the time to feel.
- Light a candle or incense, or switch on your diffuser with essential oils.
- Breathe: This is the best tool I know to tell the brain you are safe.
- If you feel stressed or anxious: Breathe, and ask yourself: Am I in Danger right now?
- Laugh with your kids.
- Hug your partner.
- Tell your partner one thing you love about them, and what is it that you wish them for their day.
- Recall the energy of love.
- Sit and Visualise your day in your mind: rehearse your day or a goal that you want to accomplish.
- Nourish yourself with Healthy foods: All Organic or Natural.
- Drink water.
- After your warm shower, activate the vitality of your body with Coldwater, start by 10s, then 20s, then 30s. Breathe during the process and believe you can.
- Hug and encourage yourself.
- Listen to Music.
Now, the Dont’s:
- Don’t look at your phone until you are ready to go out.
- Don’t answer emails until you are ready to go to work.
- Don’t turn on TV.
- Don’t watch or listen to the news.
- Don’t start any arguments.
- Avoid sugar.
Are you ready? All you need is to start with 5/10 minutes a day. Practice, over and over until you find the ideal routine that feels good for you. If your schedule is tight, you just need to wake up earlier (which means going to bed early).
How would you feel if you start a routine that supports you? It’s time to Regain Strength, Power & Vitality.
Do you have a comment, question or an inquiry? What support might you need? I’d love to help you! I get many notes and emails requests and I do read every single email that comes through.
To get in touch, please contact me via my profile contact form.